Bo’ness blaze claims life of three cats

Fire in top floor flat at Muirend Court, Bo'ness - pic courtesy of Graham Thom
Fire in top floor flat at Muirend Court, Bo'ness - pic courtesy of Graham Thom

A Bo’ness family were extremely lucky last weekend that they were out when a fire broke out in their top floor property.

Fire appliances from Boness, Falkirk and Linlithgow were mobilised by Operations Control Maddiston just before 4pm to Muirend Court.

Six firefighters wearing full breathing apparatus entered the property and extinguished the fire in the bedroom, thought to be caused by an electrical appliance, using two hose reel jets.

The occupants of the property were out at the time but sadly three cats passed away at the scene after attempts of oxygen therapy by the firefighters failed to revive them.

See this week’s paper for full story.