A disabled Bo’ness man has spoken of his terror after thugs pushed a lit firework through his letterbox on bonfire night.
Archibald Thom, who has arthritis, was watching TV in his ground floor flat in Deanfield Crescent at 9.30pm on Tuesday when yobs struck.
The 63-year-old man said he heard a knock and then a loud bang as the firework exploded in the hallway, setting fire to the carpet and a skirting board.
Mr Thom, who escaped injury said: “It was terrifying. I panicked but I managed to put out the fire. Someone could easily have died. If I had not been at home, the whole block of flats could have gone up in flames.”
Police are appealing for witnesses and want to trace three males seen entering a dark-coloured Vauxhall Corsa near the property.
Sergeant Billy Clark said: “This mindless act of stupidity could have had far more serious consequences.”
If you can help, contact Police Scotland on 101.