From our files of June 14, 1912
HM Office of Works in Scotland has approved repairs to parts of Linlithgow Palace. Tradesmen are re-pointing the outerporch and working within the King’s Kitchen.
THERE was a tragedy at the No. 6 pit in Bo’ness this week with the death of a young man owing to a roof collapse underground. Two of his fellow workers were seriously injured.
ELABORATE naval exercises have been carried out this week on the River Forth between Leith and Queensferry.
LEITH Caledonian Cricket Club beat West Lothian Cricket Club in a match played in rather raw conditions at the Mains, Linlithgow.
From our files of June 16, 1972
PROVOST Fergus Byrne welcomed guests to Linlithgow Burgh Halls as another Marches got underway in fine style.
A LORRY driver was taken to Bangour Hospital after his vehicle overturned at the Bridgend road end in heavy rain. He was released after treatment.
WEST Lothian Council’s education committee was stunned to learn that 42 individuals had applied for the post of depute headmaster at Linlithgow Academy.
THE Rev Tom Creighton of Torphichen launched a scathing attack on the standard of religious education in secondary schools in a report to West Lothian County Council.
From our files of June 14, 2002
A LINLITHGOW youth organisation was poised to close. A new leader was being sought for 2nd West Lothian Scout Group’s Beaver Section.
OFFERS were being sought for a Bo’ness landmark. Bridgeness Tower was on the market with an asking price of £179,000.
MORE than three miles of ageing water mains at Blackness was being replaced in a four month project.
QUEENSFERRY lifeboat was called out and rescued two people whose dinghy had overturned near Aberdour, Fife.
TAM Dalyell MP has been made a Freeman of West Lothian to mark his 40 years at Westminster. The singular honour was conferred at a ceremony in Livingston.