In the spotlight this week is our man with the notebook at Newtown Park, Bo’ness, John Spowart.
1. What’s been the most memorable football match you’ve ever reported on and why?
Bo’ness victory at Forfar West End in penultimate league game last season.
Linlithgow lost that day against Bonnyrigg meaning BUs put in pole position to win East Region Super League, which they did by beating Tayport following week.
2. If a game’s rained off, on a Saturday afternoon you’ll find me...
Could be at another game or might just go away for the day.
Earlier this year my wife Carol and I had a great afternoon visiting both North and South Queensferry.
3. Apart from football, do you follow any other sports?
I run, swim, and cycle but I don’t often watch other sports.
4. Who is your all-time sporting hero and why?
Jesse Owens. Fabulous athlete who stuck it to Hitler in the 1936 Berlin Olympics.
5. What was your first job and did you enjoy it?
Was an apprentice mechanical technician with Ferranti in Edinburgh. Did not enjoy it and quickly moved on.
6. Something that’s made me laugh this week:
Too many to mention. I laugh a lot.
7. It’s not widely known, but I...
Admire the work done over the years at Linlithgow Rose.
A well-run club that others can learn from. Bo’ness United has the potential to match their achievements.
8. What was the soundtrack to your teens?
The Who, Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple. Rock on!
9. What’s been one of the best decisions you’ve ever made?
See question 5.
10. My motto in life is...