In the spotlight this week is Bruce Jamieson of Linlithgow
1. Which three historical figures would you love to share a pint with?
Robert Burns, for his scintillating conversation, Queen Elizabeth I and Mary Stewart – that would rock the Four Marys!
2. Are you a culinary whizz, or microwave king?
I love to cook and do so often – but don’t follow recipes.
3. A view that can’t be beaten: over the Kyles of Bute from a high viewpoint above Tighnabruaich.
4. It’s not widely known, but I...was once a Mod – all the gear, Lambretta Scooter, the lot!
5. Share a timesaving tip:
Stick a small button at the end of Sellotape – saves ages finding the ‘picky bit’.
6. If you were PM for a day, what would be your priority?
Make a substantial heritage grant to restore the ‘Star and Garter’.
7. Something that’s made me laugh in the past week:
Report in last week’s Journal and Gazette about a swimming gala held in the poo! (Appeals to my scatological sense of humour!)
8. Are you an early bird or night owl?
Very much an early bird - up around 7am every morning, even five years after retiring.
9. If you could travel in time, which period would you like to visit and why?
Scotland’s Golden Age in the late 18th century – as long as I was wealthy. It was a time of amazing discoveries and flourishing of Scots culture.
10. Three words that sum me up:
I’ve always believed you should be a participant in community life – never just an observer. So, a three word phrase for me might be: “Always got involved!”