In the spotlight this week is David Steel of South Queensferry
1. Which three people (dead or alive) would you love to invite to a Hogmanay party?
Sidney Devine, Tommy Cooper, and my late mother and father.
2. Favourite film of all time, and why:
Casablanca, because I fell in love with Ingrid Bergman, and it’s a superb film.
3. The soundtrack to my teens was...
Buddy Holly, Elvis, but most of all The Animals with “The House of the Rising Sun”, a number one hit in the summer of 1964 when I had a memorable holiday in Douglas, Isle of Man.
4. It’s not widely known, but I...
Am partial to a wee glass of finest Belhaven Best.
5. Three ingredients for my perfect festive season are:
My family and a bottle of finest port with Stilton cheese.
6. Schooldays: rebel or swot?
Neither really, but I did enjoy my schooldays and sometimes wish I was back at Rutherglen Academy in the late 50s, early 60s.
7. On a typical Saturday, you’ll find me...
Working, then enjoying a few cups of tea with my mates in the Ferry’s finest tea rooms, The Anchor Inn.
8. Where would you love an all-expenses paid trip to in 2013?
Beverley, Yorkshire, to visit my daughter and my son-in-law and to have a few pints in Nellie’s pub.
9. My new year’s resolution is:
I’m not promising, but I’ll try to give up smoking.
10. The three words that best sum me up are:
I’ll let my wife answer this one. “A pain in the b..” Ok, it’s more than three words, but there you go.