DCSIMG

a Flaming good save by Delhi’s workers

Delhi's Winter Indian restaurant was saved from disaster on Tuesday.

Delhi's Winter Indian restaurant was saved from disaster on Tuesday.

 

Delhi’s Winter, the acclaimed Indian restaurant in Linlithgow, was saved from disaster on Tuesday after a fire started in the kitchen’s extractor unit.

The restaurant, which recently relaunched after a refurbishment, was closed to lunchtime trade. However, owner Rajan Kalra pulled every string he could and by 7pm that same evening was open for business as usual.

The fire, which started around 11.45am, was initially fought by two members of the kitchen staff. After unsucessfully emptying the contents of two fire extinguishers in an attempt to contain the blaze, the fire service was called.

Two water tenders and the divisional commander attended the scene, where personnel using breathing apparatus and hose reels extinguished the fire.

Rajan Kalra said: “I’m disappointed that this has happened so soon after our refurbishment but, thankfully, nobody was hurt and that’s the main thing.

“It was important for us to open again as soon as we could, so I pulled in extra staff to help.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page