Scots holidaymakers returning on flights from Tunisia this week said they were glad to be home but felt for resort staff following the terrorist attack on Sousse beach.
Many of the passengers arriving at Glasgow Airport had opted to end their break early and take the specially-chartered holiday company flights home.
Sandra Clason (53), said she and her partner James Erskine heard the gunfire from the attack, adding the hotel they were in was “too close for comfort”.
Ms Clason, from Bo’ness, told how they had been coming out of their hotel room when they heard the shots.
She said: “It was surreal, you hear it and you know it’s gunfire but it was like fireworks. You could hear it getting closer, then nothing.
“I was quite frightened, I thought it was the end. We were just told to stay in the hotel, to stay close.
She added: “It’s very sad for the Tunisians because that will be the end of their economy basically.”
A spokeswoman at Thomas Cook Travel in Linlithgow said: “We are advising holidaymakers not to travel to Tunisia at the moment.
“For those booked to travel, dependant upon their dates, we are offering a full refund and for those booked to travel up to October 31 we are allowing them to change their holiday destination free of charge.
“So far here in this shop, we’ve only had one local customer who we’ve managed to re-book.”