The Journal and Gazette is looking to source information on a trophy which was found in our Linlithgow office.
The impressive shield, 20 inches tall, is the Donald Neal Cricket Shield, which dates back to 1929.
The trophy is inscribed with ‘Linlithgow Cricket Inter-Works Competition’ but there were only four winners, Linlithgow Boy Scouts (1929), J Porteous and Sons (1930), Linlithgow Boy Scouts (1931) and St Michael’s Guild (1932).
After that it appears the shield was never competed for. We are also unsure as to how it came into our possession.
If anyone has any information as to who Donald Neal was or who organised the event, contact us on 01324 690222 or email editorial@journaland gazette.co.uk