This view of Linlithgow from the south, taken from the canal towpath at the west end of Canal Terrace above Strawberry Bank, dates back to 1920.
In the foreground is part of the old town wall and the building on the left has been replaced by a modern house. Beyond the railway are the backs of the house of the High Street and on the gables can just about be made out signs for the ‘Linlithgowshire Gazette’ and ‘Spence’s Printing Works’. The photograph is before the bus station and County Buildings were built. The photograph was submitted by Roddy Simpson, of Clarendon Crescent, Linlithgow.