Fauch Hill Wind Farm Open Day at Local Colleges

<KENOX S1050  / Samsung S1050>
<KENOX S1050 / Samsung S1050>

The Fauch Hill Wind Farm application was made to the Scottish Government in January and Fauch Hill Sustainable Energy will be holding open days, one on Tuesday, March 13, at West Lothian College (10am-3pm) and Wednesday, March 14, at Oatridge College (11am - 4pm).

Fauch Hill Wind Farm is planned for land adjacent to Camilty Plantation at West Colzium and Crosswoodburn.

The wind farm will have 23 x 3 MW turbines, and a maximum blade tip height of 125m. The total installed capacity of 69MW is sufficient to supply 42,000 houses with clean, green electricity.

A spokeswoman for the applicant said: “We are excited to be holding open days at both West Lothian College and Oatridge College as we feel it is a unique opportunity for both students and the general public to see the complete submission, and to understand the extensive amount of work that has been undertaken by specialist consultants for the Environmental Impact Assessment of the project.

“Over the last year we have carried out extensive engagement with neighbouring communities and other local stakeholders, and we look forward to continuing to develop our relationships with these groups now that we have submitted our plans for the Fauch Hill Wind Farm.’’

The community benefit package includes a fund, based on £4000 per installed MW, which will be divided amongst the local communities and wider strategy projects.

The host communities of Kirknewton and West Calder and Harburn would receive 60 per cent of the community benefit fund and the remaining 40 per cent would be shared between the wider communitity and for strategic projects such as skills training opportunities and the Pentland Hills Regional Park.