Gas leak blaze hits two take-aways

Share this article

fire caused damage to two take-aways in Queensferry this week.

Both the Bodrum Fry and Kebab House and the Blossom Chinese take-aways suffered smoke damage when a fire, thought to be in connection with a leaking gas pipe to the rear of the premises, caught alight around 3.30am on Wednesday.

Due to the proximity of the pipe, both rear doors to the premises were badly scorched.

Two fire tenders, from Queensferry and Crewe Toll, were called to the scene and the fire was contained within two hours.

The fire appliances remained at the scene as the area was secured and the leak was isolated.