OAP treated in hospital after fire

A PENSIONER was taken to hospital after a fire at his home on Manse Road, Linlithgow.

The 82-year-old man was rescued by fire-fighters after a fire began in his kitchen due to an electrical fault in the cooker hood. He was suffering from smoke inhalation and helped out of the house by a passer-by. He was given oxygen at the scene before being taken to St. John’s Hospital, Livingston.

Two firefighters put out the flames and ventilated the kitchen within an hour.