Help available for people at risk during lockdown

It’s important during these unprecedented times that people know where to turn to if they feel someone is vulnerable in their communities.

Thursday, 14th May 2020, 7:30 am

If you think a child or adult is at risk of harm, you should report your concerns so that professionals from social work, police, NHS and the voluntary sector can help.

Edinburgh Council has already put in place measures to support people staying at home, like support from educational psychologists for families who may be struggling with home learning and wellbeing.

Depute Council Leader Cammy Day said: “Now more than ever in these challenging times we should all be reaching out to anyone we think may be suffering and requires support. Many people may be unaware that there’s a wide range of networks in the city for those in need.

“It’s so important we raise awareness among our communities of the help that is out there.

“It’s vital people know who to turn to if they have concerns – don’t hesitate to make your voice heard and change people’s lives for the better.”

If you’re concerned about your own safety or someone you know like a relative, friend or neighbour then you should contact Social Care Direct on [email protected] or call 0131 200 2324.

If you’re concerned for the immediate safety of a child or adult, phone the police on 999.