DIAMOND SMILES: Youthful couple Emma and Bill Ellis recently celebrated their diamond wedding anniversary at Glen Golf Club in North Berwick with family and friends.
Emma (82) and Bill (88) were married on December 8, 1951 in St Michael’s Manse at Inveresk.
Bill, Linlithgow born and bred, worked for health board in Edinburgh and then in Stirling. He was an elder and session clerk at St Michael’s Parish Church and in his spare time was a keen cricketer, playing for the county side for many years.
Emma, who was brought up in East Lothian was involved with the church guild and the Linlithgow Floral Art Club.
They lived in a number of homes in Linlithgow at Blackness Road, Preston Road, Linlithgow Bridge and Friarsbrae, before moving to North Berwick in 1990.
The couple have two daughters Wilma and Mhairi and three granchildren, James, Kirsty and Niall.